Matcha is made from shade-cultivated green tea leaves that have been finely grounded on a stone mill, containing deep flavor and nutrients of leaves. Matcha is prepared in a different way from the way loose-leaf teas are prepared. The preparation of authentic matcha requires the following utensils. They can be purchased on Takaski Online Shop:
- A chasen (bamboo tea whisk)
- A chashaku (bamboo spoon)
- A chawan (tea bowl)
How to make matcha
- For best effect, strain matcha with a tea strainer first, and warm a tea bowl and dry it completely
- Place about one or one and a half chashaku of matcha powder (2g) into the bowl
- Prepare 80°C water: first boil water to the boiling point, transfer it to a separate empty bowl and cool it to 80°C
- Pour 80°C hot water into the warmed tea bowl (up to one third) and mix it with match powder well by using the tip of the tea whisk.
- Matcha doesn’t completely dissolve. Fine powder become suspended in the hot water as it’s whisked.
- Best to consume the matcha immediately before the particles sink to the bottom of the tea bowl.
Currently we accept all below payment methods. If you would like to pay by bank transfer, please contact us before.
Because we keep these promises and qualities:
- All products are shipped from one company, no multiple shops
- We sell only 100% genuinely made in Japan products
- All our products have always the longest possible expiry dates
- FREE international shipping available to most countries
- FREE parcel splits to make it easier for the Customs
- FREE 3-6 product samples included in every order
- Three international shippings: Regular, Fast and Express
- FREE shipping tracking number provided
- FREE parcel insurance provided
Shipping is always directly from Tokyo, Japan
No Japanese TAX added to the product prices
No hidden handling or other fees added in checkout
Simple and secure checkout process with CC and PayPal
Payment in 11 different currencies to save you exchange fees
English speaking support by email and web-chat
Bulk order discounts available for most products
Amazing packing including complementary gifts
Furoshiki gift wrapping available with every product
Please visit our official facebook page to see all clients opinions →